An estimated 250,000 women and men will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer this year. Over 40,000 will die.
Together, we can make a difference.
This October, The Electric Soul is donating 100% of the proceeds for this product to the Susan G. Komen® foundation for breast cancer research.
If you’re new to oils, this is a great starter kit. If you’re an oil pro, this is a great kit to restock the basics. Think of it as a kit that promotes wellness, serenity, and focus.
10% of Proceeds Benefit Last Chance for Animals
Last Chance for Animals in an international, non-profit organization. They are dedicated to the well-being of all animals across the globe. LCA has been fighting animal exploitation since the organization was established in 1984 by actor, Chris DeRose. Last Chance uses investigations, media, and education to eliminate the use of animals for food, clothing, and entertainment. They work tirelessly for animal rights, with a goal to end factory farming, animal testing, and animal abuse.
For thousands of years, lemon oil has been used for its physical and neurological benefits. It can be used for a variety of things, but it most known for its antimicrobial and detoxifying properties.
- Natural disinfectant. Dirty airplane seat? Airbnb isn’t as clean as you’d like it to be? Use lemon oil to disinfect surfaces. Use it as a cleaning staple in your home.
- Immune Support. Lemon oil detoxifies the system. Whether you drank too much the night before or inhaled city smog, lemon is your answer.
- Uplift mood. If you missed the train or just need a pick me up, the scent of lemon oil will do the trick. It’s known to promote positivity and decrease worry.
- Teeth whitener. Indulged in the fine wine of Italy? Lemon oil is a natural teeth whitener. Those pearly whites need to be picture ready.
- Lemon oil makes a great facial cleanser. It also reduces discoloration and sun spots.
One of the most widely used of the essential oils, Lavender is an essential addition to a travel kit.
- Uplift mood. Missed the train? No biggie. Use lavender to perk right up.
- Improve sleep. Time change got ya twisted? Too excited to sleep because tomorrow is full of adventure? Lavender will have you sleeping like a baby.
- Ease anxiety and depression. If you read our post on travel anxiety, you know it comes in many forms. Use lavender to calm anxiety and worry.
- Increase brain function. You’ll need as much brain power as you can muster when you travel. Take a big whiff as needed.
- Relax the mind and body. Relax and be in the present moment. Use lavender oil to ground you.
- Disinfect cuts and scrapes. You rocked it out, and were so excited that you tripped over your own feet and fell. Clean that scrape with lavender oil. Yes, this has happened to us… more than once.
- Calm skin. Lavender is great for calming redness and irritation.
- Relieve nausea or motion sickness. Stomach in a knot? Food upsetting your stomach? Use lavender to soothe and balance.
- Alleviate bug bites. Attacked by bugs on your jungle excursion? Rub diluted lavender oil on them to kill the sting.
Eucalyptus is known for its anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antimicrobial properties.
- Allergies and colds can’t stop you. Eucalyptus helps relieve sinuses, nasal, and chest congestion. Diffuse and inhale for relief.
- Muscle relief. All that sightseeing made your calves sore. Rub diluted oil on your muscles for instant relief.
- The antimicrobial properties in this oil make it a great mouthwash.
- Bug repellant. Whether you’re camping or touring a city, bugs are a factor. Combine eucalyptus oil with lavender, with hazel, and boiled water for a nontoxic bug spray.
- Pick me up. Long day ahead of you? Eucalyptus is known to relieve stress and add pep to your step.
- This oil can be used to clean your Airbnb or home in a safe, nontoxic way.
- Use it to clear acne or heal wounds and cuts.
Orange oil is an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits. It is attributed to a positive attitude and healthy lifestyle.
- Circulation booster. Orange oil can help improve blood flow. It’s a homeopathic remedy for high blood pressure.
- Reduce headaches. Because it boosts circulation, orange can help relieve various types of headaches, including tension.
- PMS relief. Headaches, bloating, cramps? Might slap someone if they say the wrong thing? We get it. Orange oil can help with relieving irritability and other PMS side effects. Unfortunately, it will not deliver chocolate to your door. We’re working on that.
- Increase libido. Met a hottie on your travels? Orange will have you feeling… fine.
- Enrich immune system. As an antioxidant, orange will enhance your immune system.
- Mood booster. Orange is known to lift moods and make it rain unicorns. Ok, maybe it doesn’t rain unicorns, but it feels like it.
- Who else gets to travel with multiple mouthwash options?
- Fight fatigue. Orange is a mood enhancer. It will naturally give your brain and body a boost.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree is the antimicrobial king. This oil is for topical use and should not be ingested.
- Clean cuts. Tea tree can be used to help clean wounds. Combine with lavender oil for an ultra first aid combo.
- Natural deodorant. Tea can be combined with baking soda and coconut oil to make a nontoxic deodorant.
- Homemade toothpaste. Combine with coconut oil and baking soda to clean teeth and heal gums.
- Household cleaner. We like to make sure our accommodations are extra fresh. Use tea tree to clean surfaces.
- Psoriasis and eczema relief. Tea tree is used for skin inflammation. Mix with coconut oil for therapeutic lotion.
- Cleanse skin. Traveling can mess with your skin. Use tea tree and a carrier oil to clear breakouts.
Peppermint is one of the most versatile and essential travel oils. It is a multipurpose oil that is a must have when traveling.
- Increase alertness. Studies have shown that peppermint oil increases performance and mental acuity.
- Ease jetlag. Rub on your temples and under your nose to alleviate the effects of jet lag.
- Relieve sore muscles. Use on your muscles if you walked around the city or tried a local workout class.
- This oil works as a natural mouthwash.
- Breath freshener. If you’re eating your way around the
- Ease digestive issues. Rub a little on your stomach, behind your ears, on your temples, and take a drop to relieve nausea and stomach pain.
- Must dilute.
All essential oils are provided by Oh That Glow. Please always consult your physician prior to using essential oils, or making other changes to your health regimen. For additional information, please read our medical disclaimer.
Return to our guide to essential oils for travel.