You are not high maintenance. You are “particular” about your skin. Who can blame you? Travel is tough on our complexion. Dehydration, climate change, lack of sleep, sun exposure, and stress are just a few things related to travel that can wreak havoc on your skin. We just won’t allow it. Your skin needs to be photo ready for every photo op. If you don’t take photos, did it even happen?
We designed our Glamour Queen kit to help consolidate products, while maintaining a great skincare routine. Hydrate, cleanse, tone, and rejuvenate with Glamour Queen. Your skin will be glowing brighter than the lights of Paris. Also, you will free up a quarter of your suitcase by using our compact travel kit. What will you do with all the extra space?
10% of Proceeds Benefit Last Chance for Animals
Last Chance for Animals in an international, non-profit organization. They are dedicated to the well-being of all animals across the globe. LCA has been fighting animal exploitation since the organization was established in 1984 by actor, Chris DeRose. Last Chance uses investigations, media, and education to eliminate the use of animals for food, clothing, and entertainment. They work tirelessly for animal rights, with a goal to end factory farming, animal testing, and animal abuse.
Frankincense is one of the most coveted essential oils. It has been used for thousands of years for its health and beauty benefits. It is widely known for its antiaging properties. Some of its qualities include astringent, antiseptic, disinfectant, and sedative.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Do we need to say anything else?
- Frankincense evens skin tone, blemishes, and oil production.
- Reduces scars and texture issues. Regular use of this oil can assist in reducing scarring and texture irregularities.
- Minimizes sun damage. Forgot to wear your sunscreen? Frankincense can help lessen the appearance of sun damage and discoloration.
- Reduce inflammation. Use Frankincense to calm travel related breakouts or redness. It can also be used to help heal cuts and wounds.
- Lower stress. Stress shows on your skin. Inhale or diffuse this oil to reduce travel related stress.
Geranium is used for its physical, mental, and emotional benefits. It was used by Egyptians for skincare and has picked up momentum as of late. It is often referred to as the “poor man’s rose oil.” But don’t get it twisted—there is nothing cheap about this oil. We like to call it, “the affordable rose oil.”
- Beautifies skin. Geranium is used for anti-aging and skin brightening. It reduces acne, tones skin, and leaves you with that “I just vacationed in Bali” sort of glow.
- Encourage cell regeneration. Geranium helps will cell turnover, making your skin look refreshed. Your friends will wonder what REALLY happened on your trip.
- Relieves stress. The sweet, flowery smell is calming to the mind and body. Diffuse Geranium in your hotel room or before a local yoga class.
Ylang Ylang Oil
The name is fun to say, but we also love the benefits of Ylang Ylang oil. It is a romantic oil (oo la la!) that has benefits for health, skin, and emotions. It has been described as “intoxicating” and we must agree.
- Maintain skin moisture. Use Ylang Ylang on your travels as a skin moisturizer.
- Eczema relief. Soothe and nourish irritated skin. Ylang Ylang helps with eczema.
- Clear up breakouts. Travel stress made your face breakout? Use Ylang Ylang to disinfect and clear up breakouts.
- Natural conditioner for skin and hair. Who needs to lug around a bottle of conditioner when you have Ylang Ylang?
- Some oils have an acquired smell. Ylang Ylang is not one of those. Its smell is exotic, romantic, and erotic. It is known as an aphrodisiac. Use it to set the mood, get in the mood, or while you’re getting it on. It’s great to use on your skin if you’re getting intimate.
- Mood lifter. Ylang Ylang is used to calm nerves and lift the mood. After all, it’s an aphrodisiac.
Helichrysum is the anti-aging warrior. It rejuvenates skin and improve tone and complexion. It is commonly called the Immortal Flower. Sign us up.
- Decrease appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Helichrysum is used in many high-end cosmetics and skincare lines. It promotes the production of new cells, helping to reduce lines and wrinkles.
- Even out skin tone. Because photo ops.
- Soothes sunburns. We always recommend wearing sunscreen. If you caught too many rays, use Helichrysum can help soothe the effects of a sunburn.
- Heals scars. We are talking about physical scars. Although, it improves meridian flow so it could help with emotional scars as well.
- Promotes digestion. Helichrysum helps neutralize acids in the stomach and promotes digestion.
- Prevents fungal infections. In that rare chance that you are exposed to fungus on your trip, Helichrysum can help prevent and heal infections.
- Relieve congestion. Feeling stuffy after your flight? Helichrysum can help relieve it!
All essential oils are provided by Oh That Glow. Please always consult your physician prior to using essential oils, or making other changes to your health regimen. For additional information, please read our medical disclaimer.
Return to our guide to essential oils for travel.